Family Medicine Services in Laredo, Texas
Laredo Physicians Group offers comprehensive primary care to people of all ages and at all levels of health in the Laredo, Texas area. Our physicians diagnose and treat illnesses, provide preventive care and help patients manage chronic illness.
Preventive care is just as important as health care services for specific conditions. You want to maintain your health, and preventive care can do just that. From cancer screenings, HPV tests, Pap tests, CT scans and more, we want to help you prevent potential risks.
We provide many preventive care services, including:
- Wellness exams
- Our family practice providers can take a look at your overall health and check for potential problems such as blood sugar levels, bad or good cholesterol levels and more.
- Cancer screenings
- Early detection for all types of cancer is key, and our cancer screening tests can help catch cancers early, including lung cancers, prostate cancer and more.
- Immunizations benefit almost everyone, as preventing diseases can keep you and those around you healthy.
- Head-to-toe physical exams
- Physicals are a key part of maintaining health, and our family medicine doctors are more than happy to provide you with a physical.
- Women’s Health
- Provide care to women at all stages of life.
- Review and ordering of pertinent preventive services (mammogram, colonoscopy, vaccines, healthy lifestyle behaviors)
Chronic Care Management
Chronic care management services from Laredo Physicians Group take your individual needs into account.
We provide many chronic care management services, including:
- Type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes can be managed with our chronic care management services. When blood sugar goes up, it signals the pancreas to release insulin. If a patient has diabetes, the body either doesn’t make enough insulin or the cells stop responding to insulin.
- Hypertension, commonly referred to as high blood pressure, deals with the pressure of blood pushing against the arteries. Those with an average risk for hypertension may want to check with their doctor so that this issue can be managed long-term.
- High cholesterol
- If you have high cholesterol, we can target what increases your risks and help manage the condition. High levels of cholesterol can increase the risk of heart disease.
- Thyroid issues
- Many people suffer with thyroid problems, but the right medication and treatment can help manage the issue.
- Your mental health matters, and our chronic care management services are here for depression treatment.
Our family medicine specialists at Laredo Physicians Group locations in Laredo, Texas, are here to provide general health services when you need them most. Click here to schedule an appointment with one of our physicians.