Laredo Physicians Group provides patients with an individualized approach to heart care that includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation.
What Is an Interventional Cardiologist?
Interventional cardiologists coordinate care with other members of the healthcare team, such as emergency care physicians and cardiothoracic surgeons, to help put patients on the road to recovery. The faster a heart attack patient receives artery-clearing intervention, the better the chance of survival and recovery.
We offer a wide range of services to diagnose, treat and help you recover from cardiovascular conditions.
Many cardiac catheterization procedures are performed at Doctors Hospital of Laredo, including:
- AngioJet™ for removing blood clots in coronary arteries
- Angioplasty and balloon angioplasty to open blocked coronary arteries
- Atherectomy (coronary and peripheral) to remove plaque from blood vessels
- Carotid, coronary and peripheral stents to increase blood flow in areas blocked by plaque
- Internal cardiac defibrillators to help correct cardiac arrhythmias
- Intravascular ultrasound to view the inside of a coronary artery
- Mitral valve clip to repair a damaged mitral valve
- Peripheral angiography to help find narrowed or blocked areas in arteries
- Patient foramen ovale (PFO) closure to help close a hole in the heart wall
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) to open a blocked blood vessel
- Renal angiography to view the blood vessels in your kidneys
- Temporary and permanent pacemakers to help control your heartbeat
- Thrombolytic therapy (TPS, urokinase) to dissolve or break up blood clots
Patient Story: Heart Attack Care and Cardiac Rehab
Eduardo was having chest pains so he went to Doctors Hospital of Laredo where he discovered he had a heart attack. He was treated and is now in cardiac rehab where he is regaining his strength. He tells his story in the video below.