Laredo Physicians Group offers neurology services from our neuro hospitalist and stroke center director, including vascular neurology. Dr. Jamil is the only board-certified Vascular Neurologist in Laredo and can help determine the cause of the stroke, evaluate your stroke and treat your stroke.
At Laredo Physicians Group, we offer neurological services for the following:
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Comprehensive stroke
- And more
Stroke Warning Signs and Stroke Symptoms
If you suspect you might be having a stroke, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room as soon as possible. Some of the warning signs and symptoms for stroke include:
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg — especially on one side of the body
- Difficulty with speaking or understanding speech
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Severe headache with no known cause
B.E.F.A.S.T when you suspect a stroke!
B — balance. Is there sudden loss of balance?
E — eyes. Is there loss of vision in one or both eyes?
F — face. Does their face look uneven or droop?
A — arms. Does one arm drift downward or hang down?
S — speech. Is their speech slurred?
T — Is there a terrible headache? More terrible than any that they have ever felt?
If the person shows any of these symptoms, time is very important. Call 911 immediately and get to the hospital fast.
How to Prevent Stroke
The best way to keep your brain healthy is to avoid a stroke in the first place. The best ways to prevent stroke are to do the following:
- Keep your blood pressure controlled through lifestyle changes and/or medications
- Don’t smoke or stop smoking
- Take steps to manage your cholesterol
- Limit your alcohol consumption
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
Schedule an appointment or contact Laredo Physicians Group at 956-724-9219 to connect with our neurology services.